Last Updated: 25th May, 2018.
2. Data we collect and how we collect it
Personal information (or “personal data”) comprises of any information to identify you, either directly or indirectly. We process different kinds of personal information (including your name, company name, email address and location).
All your private (or personal) information that we process is acquired from you directly, which include:
- your name and contact information we collect when you sign-up and set up your profile,
- details we acquire from customer support, technical support, and consultations;
- communications with you;
- information submitted in the form of testimonials, comments, or other feedback messages on blogs or other social media forums linked to the Website,
- the Internet Protocol (or “IP”) address of the device you are using to connect to the Internet to access the Website.
Although, you are not forced to provide such information, however, we cannot promise to be able to provide you with our services if you do not provide us certain information that is mandatory for signing up. For example, we will be unable to provide customer support in circumstances where your relevant information associated with the use of our products or services is withheld.
In addition, we may collect your personal information indirectly, for instance through third-party public sources (social media forums) such as LinkedIn, your company’s website, or your employer’s company. Also consider that any personal information that you provide on our Website may be combined with information collected through either from other communications or third parties.
We acquire data that cannot be used explicitly to identify you exclusively, but it builds up a picture of who visits or is visiting our Website. This may include details of your visits to the Website, such as traffic data, location information, IP address, resources you access, and other kinds of communication data.
We may delete any personal information collected from certain communications with you pertaining to customer support, and/or information acquired from such communications, for statistical and/or reference and consultation purposes.
3. How we process your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the sole purpose we have collected it at the start. These purposes consist of:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for services and/or information;
- Committing to an “End User Agreement” with you (whether individually with you, or on behalf of your employer’s company) and carrying out our obligations under it;
- Identifying you on our Website so as to amend your experience;
- Ensuring that all content from our Website is presented effectively;
- Providing you with promotional materials;
- Conducting any kind of research analysis;
- Resolving issues and troubleshooting problems;
- Preventing potentially falsified, prohibited, and/or illegal activities;
- Allowing you to participate in using Kualitee’s interactive features when you opt for it;
- Notifying you about changes to our services; and
- Performing our obligations in accordance with law.
If any case, if we feel the need to use your personal information for some purpose other than mentioned above, we will notify you immediately and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
We process your personal information on the basis that it is obligatory, such as:
- for the execution of any contract that we enter with you or to take measures on your request prior to adherence to a contract;
- for the purposes of our valid interests in guaranteeing that we provide you with the best service in every dealing with you, which includes providing you with information about features that are coherent with your interests; and
- for compliance with any legal obligation to which we are subject, for instance, if a regulator requires us to reveal information to them.
We will obtain your consent to send you direct marketing emails wherever we are required to do so. Note that you can withdraw consent to us at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link mentioned in every email, or by writing to email@example.com. This will not, in any way, affect the legality of any processing that is or needs to be performed based on your consent prior to your withdrawal.
4. Sharing your personal information with third parties or service providers
Highly important: We do not sell, rent, or in any case, reveal our customers’ information however, we hire certain trusted third parties to perform functions in order to help us acquire services that include hosting and maintenance, error and performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship management as well as any direct marketing campaigns if necessary. We may share your personal information with them, but only in the case that it is compulsory to perform these functions and provide such services. Additionally, we adhere to a contract with these third parties to preserve the privacy and security of any personal information shared with them that they need to process on our behalf.
In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- Our parent company, Kualitatem Inc. and the affiliates and subsidiaries it controls, so as to support our provision of services to you.
- Law enforcement agencies, government officials, or any other third parties
i. if Kualitee is constrained to do so by law, such as under a subpoena or court order,
ii. when it is necessary to do so to conform to any laws applicable,
iii. where the disclosure of personal information is judiciously necessary in order to prevent any sort of physical harm or financial loss,
iv. to report against alleged any illegal activity,
v. to investigate violations of the Kualitee End User License Agreement, or,
vi. as in other respects, required by law.
6. Retention and deletion of personal information
We will only retain data for as long as it is needed and compliant with our data retention procedures. We will maintain your personal information if you are a customer for as long as is desirable in order to manage any account held with us and for a maximum of six (6) years subsequently.
We will retain your personal information if you are a potential customer (for instance, if you have requested for information regarding our services and feature) or have subscribed to our marketing list for a maximum of three (3) years, starting from our first communication with you unless you request otherwise.
7. Where we store your Private Data
We are established in the United States and also have sub-offices situated in Gulf region, and parts of Europe. The data we take from you, irrespective of your location may be moved to and stored at both inside and outside locations in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We observe the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework proposed by the US Commerce Department in order to store, use, and retain the personal information moved from the EU to the US and outside. We thus look for your consent in reference to this information transfer.
Personal information could be processed by personnel who serve us or any of our purveyors. If any of our services involve the of data transfer from the EEA to a third country, we will assure that proper implications are made to secure the data transfer.
8. Policy Agreement
We evaluate our compliance with our Policy on a regular basis. In case we receive a formal written complaint, we will communicate with the person who protested to look into and examine the matter. We work with the right supervisory authorities which includes local data protection authorities that resolve any objections related to the information transfer that we cannot inform our customers directly.
If you are dissatisfied to any part of this Policy or any of our data processing commitments, you can submit a written complaint to us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Your Privacy Rights
If we have your private data stored, you can anytime:
- Demand access to see your information
- Demand us to omit any error and replace the old information
- Demand that you no longer want us to send promotional e-mails or any sort of marketing communications material
- Request to relocate, copy, or transfer your personal information to another data controller
- Ask us to remove your personal information (valid in specific conditions, for instance, when the information is no longer used for the purpose it was initially collected)
To practice any of these policy rights, let us know by choosing any of these methods:
- Receive the directive in a marketing email, direct mail, or mobile message OR
- Provide your demand and present contact information so that we can connect with you
- For your security, we may, therefore, confirm your identity before putting your request into effect.
- If due to some reason, we may not be able to completely delete your material or personal information, in such case we will inform you if we are unable to do so and for what reason. For instance, we may need to keep your content for record keeping reasons and/or in order to complete any transactions that you initiated before requesting the data removal.
10. Contact us and How we will Respond
If you have queries regarding our privacy policies and amendments, please contact us at email@example.com.
How we will Respond to you?
If you have a registered business account with Kualitee, we will communicate with you through the business account contact details. Rest can provide their contact information, so may reach you out via provided details.
11. Changes to this Policy
12. Policy Acceptance
You should carefully read this Policy paper to see if you are satisfied with its material. If in case, you disagree with this Policy, you should abstain from using our Website, services, and products respectively. If you continue to use our Website, services, and products after being informed of this Policy parameter, you automatically approve the content obtained in this Policy.